FINCA International, one of the world's leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than 600,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East. Currently FINCA International is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for FINCA Haiti, to be based in Port-au-Prince (location until end of 2007: Les Cayes). The CFO is directly responsible for managing all finance and accounting activities of FINCA Haiti, and supervises its entire finance staff. S/he will ensure that the finance activities will support FINCA Haiti in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency. As a member of the Management Team/Board, s/he shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of FINCA Haiti, and participates in making decisions on material issues.
- Degree in Accounting with CPA/ACCA or Chartered Accountancy equivalent required, Master’s Degree is preferred,
- Minimum experience of 5 years,
- International experience desirable, exposure working in the region an asset,
- Extensive experience in best-practice financial management of a company, desirably a bank or other regulated financial institution, experience working for the big 4 audit firms an asset,
- Financial analysis-long/med/short term financial planning,
- Experience working with US GAAP or IAS,
- Demonstrated abilities in budget preparation and management and general ledger management,
- Treasury management,
- Thorough understanding of operational risk of a financial institution,
- Experience in headquarters and branch back office operations
- Proficient in MS Office suite, good understanding of IT issues and the role and possibilities of IT in financial management, familiarity with implementing and working with complex integrated management information and accounting systems (including database management),
- Fluency in French, Creole an asset.
Please apply online at www.villagebanking.org (careers section).
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Last Date: March 31, 2008