Environmental Analyst (m/f)
Location: Bonn, Germany
Last Date: April 20, 2008
Fairtrade Labelling allows consumers to buy products that have been produced and traded under fair conditions, thereby empowering disadvantaged producers and wage workers in developing countries. FLO-CERT GmbH (Ltd) is the Certification Body of Fairtrade Labelling. FLO-CERT contributes through a credible certification system to the social-economic development of farmers and wage workers in the Southern Hemisphere.
FLO-CERT certifies products with a retail value of about 1.8 Billion Euros per year, produced by more than 1.200 organizations in 70 countries around the Globe, empowering over 1 Million farmers and wage workers. FLO-CERT GmbH currently has a vacancy in its Producer Certification department for a:
Environmental Analyst (m/f)
Internal Expert on Environmental Issues.
• Internal environmental expert and adviser.
• Evaluation of operators applications to use a banned pesticides.
• Trainer on environmental issues.
• Evaluation of operators applications for the exceptional use of prohibited
• Evaluation of operators requests for exceptions.
• Operation and maintenance of Operators List using Prohibited Materials.
• Internal trainer of environmental issues.
• Training of auditors on environmental issues.
• Internal support and advice on certification decisions related to environmental
• Preparation and maintenance on pesticide information sheets.
• Preparation and maintenance on environmental information sheets.
• Continues improvement of environmental methods of confirmation (technical
support) in the audit manual.
• Preparation of recommendations to improve compliance criteria and certification
• Liaison with the tools & template function to provide advice on good/best
practises related to environmental issues.
• External FLO-CERT contact person on environmental issues.
Technical Services Manager.
• University level education (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Agronomy,
Chemistry, Food Science, Environmental Science, Geography etc.).
• At least 3 years working experience in organic certification or as environmental
consultant with focus on pesticide management.
• Product knowledge in at least one of the following products (flowers, fresh
fruits, cotton or sugar).
• Fluent in English oral and written.
• Computer skills.
• Ability to organise.
• Ability to communicate.
• Fluent in Spanish oral and written.
• Knowledge of the agricultural sector.
• Experience in other Certification Systems (e.g. Fairtrade, FSC, MSC, SA8000,
ISO 14001, etc).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Job Share: 100%.
• Position is based in the FLO-CERT Office in Bonn, Germany.
• Start of employment: As soon as possible.
• The office language is English.
• Salary is paid according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement Category
(Tarifvertrag Gross- und Aussenhandel, Nordrhein-Westfalen), Salary Range
V plus an attractive benefits package.
• 30 days of holidays.
• Please consult www.flo-cert.net for more information on FLO-CERT GmbH
and the Fairtrade movement.
• Please apply by email (Re: PC Analyst Environmental) only, in English, with
Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and salary indication to David Holzwarth:
• Deadline for applications: 20th of April.
Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.