Position: Sr. Research Officer – Head Office
For: Population Services International (PSI)
Location: Delhi – HO
E. Mail: email@example.com
Location FHP Core Office, Delhi HO
Reports to Senior Research Manager
Works with FHP Core team members
Level 8/ 10
PSI is increasingly involved in the design and implementation of large scale communications campaigns in the areas of birth spacing, mother and child health, and HIV/AIDS prevention. Research is at the core of these activities. It guides program design and modification, and enables measurement of impact of interventions. PSI India’s research program draws on worldwide experience in social marketing and behavioral communications developed over many years. Tools such as the behavior change framework, “dashboard”, and log frames guide efforts to optimize the efficiency and cost effectiveness of our programs. An experienced research professional is sought to work for the family health program. Among his/her oversight will be to assist the supervisor in providing inputs to program design, monitoring and evaluation for a portfolio of health projects in several Indian states.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Assist in development of an appropriate dashboard for each program under FHP, and works with Supervisor to ensure appropriate use of the dashboard to guide programmatic decisions;
• Rationale project management through sourcing, managing and interpreting secondary level data on Demographic Health Survey (DHS), RCH, Census, CMIE, relevant research from national & international partner organizations;
• Supports the M&E of ongoing program activities through primary research which require drafting research brief, selection and monitoring of research agencies;
• Assists research agencies through the sharing of methods of data collection, field control, analysis and report production;
• Provides close monitoring of on-going research projects, to ensure that protocols are rigorously followed;
• Provide critical analysis of existing research. Perform quantitative data analysis, including complex multivariate analysis, using analysis tools like SPSS and/ or STATA.
• Perform qualitative data analysis using analysis tools like Atlas TI.
• Assist in preparation & delivery of presentations, summaries, reports, and graphics to internal as well as external audiences.
Support to Field
• Contribute where necessary in production of project plans and implementation
• Ensures high quality and timely technical input to field operations.
Essential Values, Behaviors and Skills
• Quantitative and qualitative research skills
• Keen intellect with strong analytical skills
• Ability to run and interpret statistical packages with confidence
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
• Ability to design and deliver interesting presentations and reports
• Ability to monitor the work of research agencies and hold them accountable for results and deadlines
• Ability to contribute in a collegial, team environment
• Willingness to be held accountable for results
• Commitment to improving the health and welfare of the poor;
• Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism;
• Ability to contribute in a collegial, team environment;
• Masters degree in Social Science or Demography or Public Health
• 3-4 years of experience in quantitative & qualitative research
• Knowledge of Public Health is desirable
• Professional training in Research Methodology/ Population Studies will be treated as an additional qualification
The annual compensation competes with the best in the industry and is negotiable for candidates with exemplary achievements and experience.
To apply, send a CV with covering letter, names and addresses of two referees, to Population Services International
Contact Number: 011- 26278379/4053231.
Note: Mention the code “Sr. Research Officer – Head Office” as the subject line of your mail while applying for the job.