Public Relations Expert
Management Systems International
Last Date: May 17, 2008
Public Relations Expert
Company Profile: Management Systems International is an international development consulting firm based on the D.C. waterfront with offices around the globe. For over 25 years, MSI has worked to improve the daily lives of people in many of the most impoverished and conflict-ridden places of the world through partnerships with domestic and foreign government agencies, corporations, and non-governmental organizations. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: The USAID/Public Administration Reform (PAR) program, which was launched in October 2006, aims to increase the administrative capacity and effectiveness of Georgian public institutions by developing and strengthening the skills of public officials and institutional systems. PAR provides technical assistance and training in capacity building at Georgian institutions to enforce ongoing reforms and development initiatives. PAR has been working with the Public Defender’s (Ombudsman’s) Office to assist in the areas of improving public relations by developing a PR strategy and action plan for its implementation; updating its website to promote more effective delivering of information and conducting performance management training and targeted human resource management interventions.
Position Summary: The expert is expected to conduct work with the Ombudsman’s office to strengthen operational capacity of the PR unit to become capable of handling effective ongoing public relations activities through a comprehensive PR strategy document.
· Conduct PR needs assessment of the organization;
· Develop 2-year Public Relations Strategy document;
· Develop PR strategy implementation 1-year Action (Work) Plan with measurement criteria;
· Develop PR Strategy implementation monitoring tools with Ombudsman’s Office staff so that monitoring skills are internalized within the institution;
· Conduct Training Needs Assessment in PR skills with PR unit ;
· Collaborate with the IT Company contracted by PAR for ensure that PR strategy is incorporated into website development.
· Public Relations 2 year strategy document;
· Public Relations Strategy implementation 1 year action plan with measurement criteria;
· Internal monitoring tools for implementing Strategy developed;
· Training Needs Assessment document.
· Minimum Bachelors Degree in relevant field
· Substantive professional experience as a public relations expert
· Strong English language writing ability
· Experience in Central Europe preferred
Assignment Duration: Up to 27 days of work, beginning in May or June 2008.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com