Chief of Party, Paraguay
Last Date: July 30, 3008
For 45 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness systems, financial services, enterprise development and community development in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 90 projects in 45 countries and revenues of $90 million.
Chief of Party
We are currently seeking a chief of party for an upcoming multiyear program in Paraguay. The purpose of this program is to support the conservation of biodiversity in Paraguay’s ecoregions by increasing sustainable economic and social activities in rural communities. Key steps include (1) overcoming production/business constraints to sustainable economic activities, (2) upgrading local/indigenous production-trade level capabilities (e.g., improving capacity, production, processing and marketing), and (3) improving cooperation and linkages among entities within value chains to stimulate growth, create economies of scale, increase bargaining power and generate investments. The start date will be in late 2008 and the position is contingent upon ACDI/VOCA being awarded the activity.
• provide overall management of all program components
• provide technical direction for the program and ensure that it is managed according to the yearly work plans
• monitor and approve program allocations and expenditures and ensure that all project financial reporting is done in accordance with USAID regulations and ACDI/VOCA accounting policies and procedures
• ensure the program reaches monitoring and evaluation plan targets
• identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest adjustments
• maintain strong relationships with home office and donor personnel, partners and collaborators and any other associated stakeholders
• represent ACDI/VOCA and the program to the public and donor community
• minimum of master’s degree in a relevant area
• at least seven years of experience working with communities, producers and rural activities or other related fields
• experience working with transnational companies, exporters, government authorities and/or producers’ associations
• experience in agribusiness and rural development
• USAID project/program management experience
• previous experience managing assistance programs in Latin America
• fluency in both English and Spanish languages.
No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
Apply at: http://www.cytiva.com/av/apply.asp?av?av963?acapanu?11