Location: Banda Aceh, Indonesia
Last Date: July 26, 2008
Position: Field Coordinator
Location: Banda Aceh, Indonesia
The Field Coordinator-Banda Aceh will be responsible for managing and overseeing all programmatic and operational issues within UMCOR’s Banda Aceh Field Office. The Field Coordinator will ensure the overall
implementation of quality programs in Banda Aceh and surrounding areas as well as the adherence of all Banda Aceh Field Office staff to UMCOR Indonesia financial, logistics and HR/Administration policies and procedures. UMCOR has been in Aceh since April 2005 implementing programs in Housing & Infrastructure Reconstruction,
Income Generation, Water & Sanitation and Health & Hygiene Promotion.
The Field Coordinator-Banda Aceh for UMCOR Indonesia reports to the Head of Mission for Indonesia. This is a one-year post with an expected start date of October 1, 2008.
Responsibilities of the Field Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the implementation of UMCOR programs in Banda Aceh, in accordance with objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals.
• Liaise with local government authorities and other NGOs.
• Supervise and provide on-going support to national staff based in Banda Aceh. Evaluate staff capacity and make recommendations to the Head of Mission on extensions, promotions and disciplinary matters.
• Work with various operational and programmatic staff to ensure the field office receives the appropriate level of technical, financial, managerial and administrative support to carry out activities.
• Ensure UMCOR Indonesia finance, logistics and HR/administration policies and procedures are adhered to by all UMCOR Banda Aceh staff.
• Responsible for timely submission of all project implementation reports to relevant staff at UMCOR Indonesia HQ in Medan.
• Developing new project ideas and assist Program Coordinator and Report Officer in preparing new project proposals to be submitted to donors.
• Assist in the monitoring of expenditures, budgets, and expense tracking of activities in coordination with the Finance Manager, Finance Controller, and other relevant staff.
• Responsible for the day-to-day security and welfare of all UMCOR international and national staff in Banda Aceh.
• Provide regular feedback on programmatic and operational issues to the Head of Mission, and other relevant staff.
• Coordinate with UMCOR Medan based staff on Logistical, Procurement, Human Resources and Travel updates for Banda Aceh field location.
• Remain flexible to perform other duties, as required.
• University Degree in related field and at least 7 years of related experience in programme or operations management.
• Strong experience with housing, water and other infrastructure reconstruction, income generation and community development programs.
• Positive and flexible attitude and willingness to work closely with all project stakeholders to achieve desired results.
• Knowledge of international development with international work experience in developing counties.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia a plus.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational skills and able to coordinate and manage a diverse array of responsibilities: programs, logistics, finance and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically and possess strong communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Outlook Express.
• Prior experience in Southeast Asia desirable.
• Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, and flexibility.
Submit your cover letter (notes) and resume through our website at http://jobsumcor.
icims.com/umcor_jobs/jobs/candidate/login.jsp?jobid=1200 or fax to UMCOR’s Headquarters in New York at
+1-212-870-3508. No telephone inquiries please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest in UMCOR. Responses received by July 15, 2008 will be given first review.
Deadline for applications is August 15, 2008