Location: Dili, Timor Leste
Last Date: July 19, 2008
The World Bank is seeking to recruit a Governance Specialist to support the Bank’s work on public sector, economic management and governance reforms in Timor Leste. The Governance Specialist would join a vibrant country team in Dili engaged in a broad portfolio of activities, including the World Bank’s flagship, the Planning and Finance Management Capacity Building Program. In addition, the analyst will engage in a range of policy analytic and operational assignments concerning Timor Leste’s governance reforms, including with external oversight bodies, service delivery governance and petroleum sector transparency initiatives.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Assist in developing strategies to build institutional capacity, including task management of ongoing institutional development facility grants.
• Participate in program design/appraisal and supervision missions in Dili, contribute substantively to program design and review, aide-memoire preparation, and program documentation.
• Provide substantive written and analytical contributions to the Bank's program of analytical work in the areas of governance and public sector management reform.
• Provide feedback to the World Bank country team on progress, issues and lessons in governance and public sector management.
• Master's or PhD in a relevant field (Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, International Development) preferred.
• Excellent written English, Portuguese proficiency a plus.
• Experience working in a developing country environment.
• Experience managing technical assistance programs, trust funds and grants.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates may apply on-line at http://www.worldbank.org/jobs and choose vacancy # 081276. The closing date is July 19, 2008.