Government Grants Associate
Location: New York, NY, USA
Last Date: July 2, 2008
Government Grants Associate
Reports to: Government Grants Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
The Rainforest Alliance (RA) is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Government Grants Associate will be responsible for developing proposals, letters, concept papers, and reports to government and multilateral agencies, as well as coordinating their timely submission. S/he will interface with program and financial staff, from both RA and partner NGOs, to gather programmatic and financial information.
· Write, adapt and edit proposals, letters, and concept papers;
· Assist with the editing and quality control of government grant narrative reports;
· Contribute to prospect research, and monitor key government websites or newsletters for open calls for proposals;
· Support Executive Director, Development Director, and program staff with meeting preparation and scheduling process, including scheduling meetings, creating agency profiles, writing follow-up memos and thank you emails, and tracking follow-up tasks.
· Assist Government Grants Coordinator and Senior Manager of Government Grants with overall strategy regarding government and multilateral funding, with a focus on expanding RA’s reach in Asia, Africa, and Europe; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· BA required;
· 2-3 years previous international development or fundraising experience, with experience writing high-quality documents to external audiences;
· Excellent writing and editing skills;
· Grantwriting experience preferred;
· Spanish proficiency (written and oral) required;
· Experience/knowledge of environmental and community development issues or government and multilateral funding mechanisms strongly preferred;
· Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines;
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as be an effective team member;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Strong computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and the ability to learn new computer applications with ease; and
· Experience working with budgets and financial reports.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10012; Fax: 212-677-2187; E-mail: Personnel@ra.org.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.