Regional Controller - Latin America
SNV Latin America
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Last Date: June 26, 2008
At SNV we help organisations succeed and scale by unlocking and harnessing their true potential for transformative social change. With more than 950 professional technical advisors located in 90 offices in more than 30 developing countries, we provide strategic and contextualised advisory, knowledge and advocacy services to more than 1800 leading public, private and social sector organisations in Africa, Asia, the Balkans, and Latin America to accelerate and sustain their fight against poverty. Driven by the principles of economic and social inclusion, SNV catalyses scalable and lasting solutions that increase employment and income opportunities and access to basic services for the low-income segment.
CORE VALUES AND ASPIRATIONS: SNV aspires to think different and catalyze development beyond convention – not because it is easy, but because four decades of experience on-the-ground have shown us that sustainable solutions require integrated and contextualized approaches, tailor-made strategies, and the ability to help our clients evolve. At SNV, we believe in principled leadership driven by passion, inquisitiveness, connection, results-orientation and integrity.
As Regional Controller you will be responsible for financial and operations management of the Latin America region and its business development strategy focused on revenue diversification and growth in the coming years and the direct supervision of a decentralized team of professionals in more than 10 offices across the region. You will play a leadership role in the execution of the regional vision and ensure that financial and operations systems, processes and strategies contribute to overall results and impact in the most efficient and effective manner with a strong commitment to services orientation, excellence and a relentless commitment to finding creative solutions.
You will be reporting directly to the Regional Director and also play an active role in contributing to corporate systems and financial and operational policy.
CORE FUNCTIONS: The Regional Controller will have the following core functions:
• Financial Management: Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of the Latin America region’s operations in accordance to corporate standards and regional strategic priorities (includes the management and monitoring of the regional budget).
• Operations Management: Responsible for the effective operations of the Latin America region including the implementation of effectiveness, efficiency and service level agreements to ensure quality and excellence of services consistent with regional strategic priorities;
• Strategy and Policy: Ensures the effective adherence to corporate standards, policies and internal controls and implements financial and operations strategies consistent with the needs and ambitions of the Latin America region.
• Planning: Is responsible for the effective development and implementation of the short-term and medium term strategic and operational planning and internal and external reporting processes;
• Business Development: Leads and develops financial and operations strategies and scenarios and recommendations for action consistent with regional priorities and strategies to ensure alignment between regional ambitions and financial and operational realities;
• Decision Support Systems and Tools: Responsible for drafting regional management agreements and providing relevant analysis of key performance indicators to regional management (taking proactive action when appropriate); performs internal audits and is responsible for regional audit and control processes; responsible for effective purchasing of goods and services; responsible for general/logistic/ICT support;
• Advice: Advises and assists the RD in planning and monitoring of finance processes and time registration in the Region, ensures harmonized financial processes within corporate framework; advises on effectiveness and efficiency of management; advises and assists Directors and Portfolio Coordinators in the Region; advises Corporate Controller on corporate financial policy; advises on legal matters.
• Academic level of M.A. or MBA or equivalent experience required. CPA desirable.
• Professional Background: Minimum 10 years professional work experience in the financial management field, including at least 5 years of international experience as financial line manager in a multi-lateral, private or development organisation. Knowledge of the international development or international business field preferred;
• Experience: Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
• Language: A proven track record working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment. Experience working in a bilingual (English & Spanish) environment with sufficient proficiency required.
• Culture: Proven track record in management of diverse and decentralised teams of professionals in an innovative setting; able to lead, stimulate, inspire and coach professionals in a dynamic work environment. Committed to strengthening an innovative, inspiring and dynamic work-place environment united by conviction to pursue development beyond convention.
• Strategy: Knowledge and leading-edge thinking and understanding at a strategic level of the international developmental and private sectors, relevant actors and relevant developments concerning SNV core business (advisory/consulting practice,)
• Communications: An inspiring, effective and skilled communicator;
• Management: able to lead, stimulate, inspire and coach professionals in a proactive and entrepreneurial development context;
• Business Development: proven track record in business development including increasing and diversifying income streams and strengthening and expanding core practice
• Entrepreneurship: Willing and able to take risks. Businesslike and result oriented attitude. Innovative and creative;
• Regional Experience: A proven track record of working effectively within complex social and political environments, particularly in Latin America, across multiple sectors and stakeholders groups.
Salary Scale: 12 Minimum € 3274.83 maximum €4867.41 gross per month (hypo tax will be deducted) depending on relevant working experience, excluding attractive secondary conditions and individual allowances.
CONTRACT PERIOD: starting a.s.a.p. for 3 years and renewable based on performance.
You can send your application letter and CV (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, under reference number EC 5228, until the 26th of June 2008. For further information regarding SNV Latin America, please visit our website at www.snvla.org and www.inclusivebusiness.org
For corporate information, please visit us at www.snvworld.org