Team Leader - Civil Service Reform
ABU Consult Berlin GmbH
Last Date: July 1, 2008
ABU Consult Berlin as lead of an international consortium is currently preparing a bid for the EuropeAid funded “Support to Civil Service Reform and Good Governance” project in Tajikistan. The project is envisaged to commence in August 2008 and to have a duration of 15 months.
The purposes of this project are 1) to strengthen the capacity of the Department for Civil Service Affairs under the President of Tajikistan to lead the civil service reforms process, to analyse and to improve the civil service framework in order to make the public administration more effective, transparent, accountable, ethical and professional; 2) to strengthen the capacity of the Institute for Improvement of Qualifications of Civil Servants to provide high-quality, competency-based, skills-building training to the central and local government public servants, especially in the area of integrity and public sector ethics and 3) to promote good governance within civil service.
For our team of experts we are searching for suitably qualified and experienced candidates:
Team Leader (180 working days)
* Candidates must be able to provide documentary evidence for educational and professional items in their CVs (copies of diplomas, copies of employers' reference letters, etc.), to be included in the bid. Documents that are not available in English have to be accompanied by a faithful translation. This is a mandatory requirement for EuropeAid tenders.
Qualifications and skills
* Advanced degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Law or Economy with adequate experience (i.e. high level public servant position) or equivalent
* Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Russian or Tajik would be an asset.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and solid track record of training and mentoring technical staff.
General professional experience
* Experience in international projects in the CIS and Eastern Europe, preferably in Central Asia.
* Minimum of 8 years professional experience, of which at least 5 in international projects.
* Excellent communication, presentation and organisation skills.
* Experience in organising and overseeing administrative and logistical support.
Specific professional experience
* Substantial experience in governance policy design, at high ministerial level or equivalent.
* Experience with governance and integrity issues and managing reform process.
To apply: Please email your resume in EuropeAid format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: July 1, 2008.
Full Terms of Reference available for download here (77 KB, PDF).