Senior Technical Advisor - Governance and Public Administration Reform
Location: Cao Bang, Vietnam
Last Date: July 31, 2008
Senior Technical Advisor
Governance and Public Administration Reform in Vietnam
Helvetas, the Swiss Association for International Cooperation, is currently looking for an experienced and output-oriented national or international Senior Technical Advisor with a strong development background and proven experiences in governance and public administration reform. He/she will support, coach and facilitate the Project Support Unit and the provincial implementing agencies of the project “Supporting Public Administration Reform in Cao Bang” (SPAR) in project management: planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The Senior Technical Advisor works under the direct supervision of the National Project Director and in close collaboration with the National Project Manager. This project is funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and implemented by the Province of Cao Bang. The position is open for national as well as for international candidates.
• Assist the Project Support Unit in all aspects of project cycle management and provide advice on strategic issues related to the project management: planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Contribute to improve the project implementation, especially in providing assistance for implementation process design, mobilisation of required technical assistances , documentation, coordination, networking and information exchange.
• Assess the capacities of the provincial implementing agencies and organize with the Project Support Unit team the capacity building for result-oriented planning and implementation of the project.
• Advise on Governance and Public Administrative Reform issues for SPAR project and different other Swiss funded projects.
• Masters degree in a development related topic (eg. development studies, rural development, political sciences, international relations, public adminstration, or others)
• Minimum 10 years of relevant advising and coaching experiences in Governance and Public Administration Reform related projects/programs in Vietnam and/or South East Asia
• Proven qualities in result-oriented planning and implementation, institutional and organizational development (training and coaching), and policy advice
• Ready to travel frequently to remote areas
• Strong communication, facilitation and networking skills
• Excellent spoken and written English, knowledge of Vietnamese language is an advantage
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
Workplace: based in Cao Bang
Working time (%): 100%
Duration: one year (with an option for extension)
Starting date: January or February 2009
Application deadline: July 31, 2008
Please send your complete application (CV/diplomas/reference letters)
By E-Mail to: email@example.com (HR Manager; phone: +41 44 368 65 05), with a cc to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Programme Coordinator), and a cc to: email@example.com (Programme Director)
or by ordinary mail to:
For international candidates: Helvetas, Mrs. Esther Kühne, Weinbergstrasse 22a, P.O. Box, CH-8021 Zürich, Switzerland
For national candidates:
Helvetas Vietnam, PO Box 81, A2 Van Phuc, Kim Ma Street 298F, Hanoi Vietnam (Tel +84 4 843 1750)