Exciting opportunities in
Public Health Management Institute (PHMI) and CDC Collaborative projects, Andhra Pradesh
U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)/Global AIDS Program-India and PHMI invite highly motivated professionals to take key positions in Public Health Field Leader Fellowship (PHFLF).
Public Health Field Leader Fellowship (PHFLF) intends to enhance an optimum professional competence among working professionals in the field of public health, social sciences and medicine. With this vision, the US. Government’s Centers for Disease Control/Global AIDS Program (GAP)/PEPFAR, in collaboration with the Public Health Management Institute (PHMI), initiated the first hands-on public health field leader fellowship to maximize the HIV prevention capacity of individuals and their institutions (inclusive of government agencies, private, and non-profit organizations).
Position: Deputy Fellowship Directors (for MENTORSIP & TECHNICAL FACULTIES)
No. of positions: Full-time: 3
Locación: Hyderabad (6/1-126,127/4 Padma rao Nagar, Secunderabad.500025)
Deputy Fellowship Directors (DFD) are expected be the guide & advisor to the fellows facilitating the self learning process to ensure that each fellow receives optimum gains out of the fellowship program and contributes to shape up the career goals and expectations of the fellow-assigned in the field of Public Health and HIV prevention in India. S/he will guide the fellow on the project work during the course of the year long fellowship as well as in reporting / documenting. Will also provide periodical progress report on the fellows/facilitate academic grading process of the fellows. S/he will also be a faculty/resource for the fellowship contact sessions as well as in standardizing the curriculum, training resource material.
• Post graduates / doctorate in the field of preventive and social medicine; social sciences; communication / journalism; bio-statistics and epidemiology; behavioral sciences and other related discipline
• Efficiency in computer skills; MS office packages and internet
• Grass-roots as well as higher level experience with remarkable/outstanding achievements in the given field
• Experience of imparting mentorship on public health and HIV/AIDS related issues
• Excellent Communication Skills (English, preferably Hindi or other regional languages of TN, AP and KA ) both written as well as verbal
• Willingness to travel extensively, for southern states as well other parts of the country
• Public Health Sector Professionals: working with government/ Non Govt./ Private sectors
• Academicians / Teachers
• Experts in the field of HIV/AIDS and or engaged in community health related training and capacity building of NGO/Government sectors
Compensation package will match with the best in the field. The positions are open for highly self-motivated, hard-working, energetic and creative individuals keen on working in public health settings. Applicants should have the ability to work in teams and for long hours.
PHMI is an equal opportunity employer. No telephone inquiry would be entertained. Interested candidates should send their detailed resumes (with two recent photographs) explaining their earlier related experiences to: The Director; Public Health Management Institute (PHMI)
6-1-126&127/1, Padmarao Nagar, Secunderabad, AP/India- 500 025
E-mail: email@example.com ;firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date for application: 25th Mar 08
tag India-New delhi