Sr. Programme Manager- Climate Change & Energy
WWF India, the country’s largest environmental conservation NGO with a national branch network is looking for individuals with exceptional resourcefulness and commitment to work in the conservation sector to lead the Energy Policy work of our Climate and Energy Programme.
A challenging, constructive, science-based organization, WWF-India has been engaged in environmental conservation in the country, since 1969. Part of a WWF global network, the organization has a wide portfolio of projects and programmes in India contributing to the ecological security of the country to build a future in which humans can live in harmony with nature.
WWF-India is increasingly responding to the emerging environment challenges of climate change and energy for which, we are looking for recruiting a Sr. Programme Manager, Climate Change & Energy at New Delhi.
The position is for WWF India’s work in the emerging thematic areas of water–energy co-management, energy efficiency, renewable energy and business & industry engagement. The main focus of work is to:-
A. Coordinate and implement WWF India’s existing and new initiatives on energy with a primary focus on energy policy issues and the water-energy nexus.
B. Provide ongoing support to the Programme Director and Head of the Climate Change and Energy Programme to develop and implement an overall energy-related programme of work.
C. Engage with the WWF International network on the emerging global initiative on energy efficiency at a programme and policy level.
• Lead the emerging work on energy efficiency, targeting key consumer products; design the scope of work and future plans for expansion of energy efficiency
• Coordinate the energy component of the project addressing, water energy co-management in agriculture, urban cities and industries; monitor programme development and ensure timely delivery of outcomes.
• Develop the renewable energy work within WWF India with emphasis on implementation of pilot decentralized renewable energy projects.
• Develop a policy/advocacy strategy for influencing government and Business & Industry on energy issues.
• Coordinate project activities, including coordinating with external consultants, third party meetings, events to ensure timely reports on progress achieved.
• Within WWF network, seek to ensure highest quality of servicing of the agreement is carried out and an appropriate level of communications is maintained with the Partner, in line with any project planning and monitoring tools agreed between WWF India and the Partner. Proactively propose changes to monitoring procedures, where necessary.
• Identify and facilitate local level partnership development. Take a lead on establishing and facilitating networks to promote climate & energy scenarios.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• Masters in Rural Development/Energy/Environment/Management. A degree, preferably in the field of climate change and energy, environmental studies, will be an advantage.
• Minimum eight years experience in the field of energy/environment and experience of working with stakeholders in government, industry and/or rural sector. Experience in an international network handling Energy Policy will be a plus point.
• Strong diplomatic skills; thoroughness and attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to work independently; and strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multicultural environment.
• The suitable candidate will have the ability to network alliances and to create a cooperative environment, with capacity to thrive on, and learn from, diverse opinions.
• The candidate must be energetic, proactive and capable of working positively in a team; should be creative and problem-solving oriented and sensitive to political issues.
• Fluency in English is essential. Candidates must have strong interest in conservation and willingness to travel within India and internationally.
Remuneration: Negotiable and depends on the candidate’s experience levels and the overall WWF-India salary structure. WWF-India does not provide housing, telephone or vehicle facilities.
Interested candidates, with relevant qualifications and leadership skills should apply by 31st March, 2008, giving full details regarding compensation received in the present and previous assignments, expected salary, and three references to:
Director-HR & Manpower Development, WWF-INDIA,
172-B, Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110 003
Ph. 4150 4815-19