Location: South East Europe & outside South East Europe
Last Date: May 4, 2008
– PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPMENT AND HIGHER EDUCATION –
SPARK is a growing, young, dynamic not-for-profit development organisation with 50 staff members in the Netherlands and Southeast Europe. SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their post-conflict society into prosperity. SPARK is achieving this goal by by helping young entrepreneurs to start-up their own business by means of business plan competitions, skills training and advice. We also help universities to reform their programmes in line with the Bologna Action Lines and organise large scale summer universities.
SPARK is expanding its activities in Southeast Europe, the New Neighboring Countries to the European Union, Middle East, Caucasus and Africa. For the development of its activities, SPARK is currently recruiting Project Developers.
Main tasks & responsibilities
• Develop new project activities in SME development and higher education in the above mentioned geographical areas.
• Raise funds for ongoing activities, especially the summer universities in Southeast Europe.
Requirements & assets
• Proven experience in higher education and private sector developments in the above mentioned regions/countries.
• Network in a relevant donor community.
• Awareness of relevant funding schemes, e.g. European Commission or national funding opportunities.
• Familiar with project development, particularly project proposal writing (LFA method).
• Relevant university degree.
• Good (inter-cultural) communication and social skills.
• Good oral and written language skills in English and local languages.
• Based in one of the above mentioned regions/countries.
• The Fundraiser / Project Developer is available on short notice.
We currently have two positions:
1) Project Developer South East Europe;
2) Project Developer outside of South East Europe.
The position in South East Europe will focus on ongoing and planned activities in Macedonia, Kosovo and Serbia. You will be based at one of our field offices in Belgrade, Mitrovica, Pristina, or Skopje.
For the position outside of South East Europe you should demonstrate experience in one or more of the following countries: Moldova, Belarus, Palestine Territories, Iraq, Lebanon, Caucasus, Afghanistan, Colombia, Liberia and Sierra Leone
• International and dynamic working experience
• Training opportunities
• Remuneration is partly performance based. The fixed part of the remuneration depends on experience. The additional performance based part depends on funds raised.
If you are interested, please email your letter of motivation and your CV in English to email@example.com before 4 May 2008 (Reference: PD: ). More info at www.spark-online.org