Family Planning Technical Advisor
Population Services International
Last Date: July 4, 2008
TITLE: FAMILY PLANNING TECHNICAL ADVISOR, UGANDA
DEPARTMENT: EAST AFRICA
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization, operating in more than 60 developing countries. PSI creates demand for essential health products and services by using private sector marketing techniques and innovative communications campaigns to motivate positive changes in health behavior. On the supply side, PSI works with the commercial sector to increase the availability of these products and services at prices that are affordable to at-risk populations. With a bottom-line orientation that is rare among non-profits, PSI markets products and services for family planning, maternal and child health, and the prevention of AIDS, malaria and other diseases. For more information, please visit: www.psi.org.
PSI seeks entrepreneurial, results-driven candidates for the position of Family Planning Technical Advisor in Uganda. This position is based in Uganda and will report to the Country Representative.
The Family Planning Technical Advisor will be responsible for overseeing implementation of franchising of health services. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Oversee the implementation of accredited family health services;
• In-country personnel recruitment, training, and supervision;
• Develop training materials and oversee provider training activities in collaboration with Government of Uganda and technical partners;
• Design and implement innovative strategies to incentivize providers and attract new family planning users;
• Work in close collaboration with Communications Director to develop branding and advertising;
• Promote accredited services by developing a marketing plan to meet organizational objectives;
• Establish excellent relations, coordination and collaboration with MOH reproductive health department;
• Expand and consolidate existing partnerships with civil society, public and private sectors in family planning including developing MOUs with selected partners and ensuring best practices are carried over between sites;
• External relations as needed with donor, government, reproductive health NGOs, and commercial entities; and
• Reporting as required by donors and PSI/Washington.
• Minimum five years work experience in a developing country;
• Proven success in management of complex operations a challenging developing country environment;
• Experience in managing international health and/or family planning programs;
• Health franchising experience preferred;
• Knowledge of international development and reproductive health issues;
• Experience working with governments in a developing country;
• Familiarity with the international donor community;
• Fluency in English and French and/or Spanish preferred; and
• Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.).
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a strong interest in private sector approaches to development; and a proven ability to produce results and meet objectives under difficult circumstances.
Please apply online at www.psi.org. No calls or emails, please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
• Level 6