Foundation Relations Assistant
Location: New York, NY, USA
Last Date: July 2, 2008
Title: Foundation Relations Assistant
Reports to: Foundation Relations Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
The Rainforest Alliance (RA) is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Foundation Relations Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Foundation and Government Grants Team to raise money from foundation, corporate, and government funding sources for RA programs. S/he will also provide general operating support.
· Write grant acknowledgments and emails to staff announcing grants;
· Maintain Raiser’s Edge donor tracking system;
· Maintain a list of meeting prospects by region; schedule prospect meetings, create profiles, and assemble informational packets;
· Assist with meeting follow-up, including compiling meeting minutes, entering contact information into database, drafting thank you letters, and entering tasks into the database;
· Mail, file and track proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and concept papers;
· Update grants spreadsheets and produce “progress to goals” and other tracking reports;
· Research foundation, corporate, and government funding sources for programs and general support, using print and electronic resources and phone contact; make program matches and compile prospect lists for new programs and projects;
· Coordinate cultivation briefings and brown bag presentations for current donors and prospects; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· Must have excellent writing skills, including ability to write to different audiences;
· Excellent research skills;
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Experience/knowledge of international environment and/or community development issues preferred;
· Must be detail oriented, resourceful, and able to work under tight deadlines; ability to follow directions and work independently; and
· Spanish proficiency a plus.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance,
665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10012; Fax: 212-677-2187; E-mail: Personnel@ra.org.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.