Radio La Benevolencija
Last Date: June 30, 2008
Established in 2002 and based in Amsterdam, Radio La Benevolencija / Humanitarian Tools Foundation is a non-governmental organization that develops and produces educational media projects aimed at trauma healing, reconciliation, and the prevention of ethnocentric violence. The foundation has projects in Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Bosnia and Herzegovina; its annual budget is approximately €800,000.
Radio La Benevolencija is currently seeking a Dutch-speaking Business Manager for 16-20 hours per week. The position includes a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal.
Description of position
• Assists the director in monitoring the planning and evaluation of all projects;
• Assists the director in preparing the board meetings and keeps the minutes;
• Participates in soliciting funds;
• Is responsible for organizing and coordinating the administrative work processes and support for employees;
• Keeps the books and monitors legal and fiscal matters;
• Puts together the annual, quarterly and monthly budgets and provides financial reports on the projects, together with the financial staff in the field;
• Monitors the projects by means of direct contact with the organization’s partners and donors, as well as by financial progress reports;
• Provides the annual accounts and audits, in collaboration with the accountant;
• Contributes to improving the quality of the financial data-entry, budget control, donor management and spending planning.
• Relevant study at an institution of higher learning with a degree in finance, administration, or economics;
• Relevant work experience in running subsidized development projects, preferably an international NGO;
• Organizational and administrative experience and qualities are key;
• Excellent oral and written skills in Dutch and English are essential to the job;
• Good oral and written skills in French are an advantage;
• You work independently and take the initiative;
• You work well under pressure in a young, hectic setting;
• You are interested in expanding the organization, both financially and project-wise;
• You have sharp analytical skills and are a good organizer and planner;
• You work well on a team and have excellent social skills;
• Work experience in Africa is a plus.
Depending on age and experience, the monthly salary will range between €2,215 and €3,583 on the basis of a 40-hour workweek.
Application and information
If you would like more information about the position or the organization, please contact George Weiss at +31 20 616 6599 or go to www.labenevolencija.org. Your cover letter and CV can be sent to Mr. Weiss at email@example.com before June 30, 2008. Please note: Applicants who are not completely fluent in the Dutch language will not be considered.