Resident Senior Program Manager
National Democratic Institute
Last Date: July 3, 2008
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Resident Senior Program Manager, based in Kathmandu, to manage at 24-month program supporting women’s political leadership in Nepal’s Constituent Assembly (CA) process and transition back to an elected multi-party democracy. This individual would work in close cooperation with and provide technical assistance to women CA members, political party representatives and civil society leaders. This position is pending funding and its anticipated start date for this position is June 1, 2008.
• Conduct training seminars and workshops for women leaders as part of a Women’s Leadership Academy. Topics for the Academy courses would include: enhancing leadership skills, negotiation, public speaking, networking, message development and constituency outreach, among others;
• Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with women members of the CA, political parties and NGO partners;
• Assist in developing networks for information and skills exchange between women CA members, political party members, emerging women leaders, and international trainers;
• Develop and maintain relationships with the U.S. Embassy, U.S. Agency for International Development, the donor community, and other international and domestic organizations active in Nepal.
• Coordinate training activities and logistical arrangements for short-term trainers/ consultant;
• Assist in planning conferences, seminars and other events;
• Supervise local staff and foster their professional development;
• Draft periodic reports to NDI/Washington that detail program activities and monitor and measure program results and political developments;
• Manage and reconcile program expenses.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in International Relations Political Science or related field; graduate degree preferred;
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working to increase women’s political participation, either through work with political parties, civic groups, or community outreach and organizing;
• Proven political training and campaign training experience;
• Proven ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor, or consultant, including conference/seminar organizing and facilitation;
• Strong written and oral communications skills. Computer literacy is required;
• High degree of organization and initiative;
• Experience in financial management and reporting;
• Excellent staff and office management and interpersonal skills;
• Knowledge of program evaluation techniques helpful;
• Experience working or living in the region is desirable or a proven ability to adapt quickly to new cultures, both professionally and personally.
The Resident Senior Program Manager will be supported by local and international NDI program staff in Nepal, as well as NDI staff in Washington, DC. Salary is commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is provided, including an in-country housing allowance.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
tag Ngo jobs