Chief of Party
Liberia Chief of Party
Pact seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for a five year, USAID civil society and media strengthening project in Liberia. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. The COP will lead a team of technical and support persons to ensure excellence in design, management, quality and development of a national and local civil society strengthening and decentralization program. Please submit resume and cover letter (in English) explaining why you are best qualified for this position as soon as possible.
The Liberia Project will build the capacity of Liberian civil society to represent constituents and advocacy for better government service delivery, expand the reach and professional abilities of the media, and prepare new cadres of youth leaders to contribute to Liberia’s social, economic and political development. Interventions may include:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief of Party must demonstrate dynamic leadership, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to collaborate under challenging conditions. In addition to strong academic credentials, the Chief of Party must possess ten years of experience as:
• Manager of a large and complex civic participation or related project in Africa;
• Capacity building specialist or capacity building project manager with experience in planning and managing capacity building programs for media and/or CSOs; experience assessing assets and gaps, determining appropriate interventions, and monitoring and evaluating effectiveness;
• Working directly with local and national CSOs, in both rural and urban settings;
• Previous experience in Liberia or a similar setting in Africa is highly desirable;
• English fluency, including excellent presentation and writing skills, is required;
• Demonstrated experience in managing grant programs for USAID in Africa or similar environment;
To apply please visit our website at www.pactworld.org and fill out an online application. No phone calls please. . Only finalist candidates will be contacted.