Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator , Kenya
Job Type: Employment
Job Location: Field
Directing HQ: Action Against Hunger - USA
Job Duration: 12mths
Minimum Experience: Humanitarian
Expiry Date: Feb 28 '09
* To ensure implementation of food security and livelihoods activities according to ACF and donor standards and guidelines
* To ensure internal and external coordination
* To strengthen FSL/Nut context analysis in areas of intervention
Objectives and Activities:
* To support the FSL team to implement FSL activities
* To facilitate program implementation with regular and proactive exchanges with the FSL PMs & visits to FSL programmes
* To ensure high technical quality of FSL programme activities
* To facilitate the development and implementation of M&E tools and mechanisms
* To facilitate the preparation of proposals, procurement planning, activities planning, expenditures forecast, etc.
* To facilitate reporting and documentation of program activities to ACF and donors standards
* To ensure internal coordination for integrated programming
* To support the FSL PMs to coordinate with the Nut and Wash teams
* To facilitate integrated program definition, planning and implementation together with Nutrition and Wash coordinators
* To provide a permanent link on capital level to ensure coordination and integration in discussions and initiatives
* To facilitate integrated context analysis for ACF areas of intervention
* To facilitate the establishment of ongoing integrated context analysis, together with Nut, Wash, FSL team
* To review historic, internal and external information for the ACF areas of intervention
* To support the analysis and understanding of the underlying causes of malnutrition, together with Nut, Wash, Fsl team
* To ensure continuous nutrition beneficiary profiling analysis together with Nut and Fsl team
* To ensure documentation of the facilitated analysis
* To support development and implementation of integrated Nut/ Fsl surveillance system
* To consolidate and contribute to analysis and monthly surveillance reports, together with the surveillance officer
* To use the ACF analysis for external representation and positioning of ACF, and contribution to external forums and FSL groups.
* To ensure external coordination and representation with other FSL stakeholders
* To actively participate in national FSL coordination meetings with KFSSSG, MoA, NGOs, etc.
* To actively participate in the IPC Kenya working group
* To create links with various FSL partners working in the same geographical area of intervention
* To contribute to representation and technical discussion needed for donors
* To facilitate advocacy to donors and other stakeholders in an informed and concise manner, as validated by HOM and HQ
* To actively participate in the national/regional working group, e.g. market prices
* Min. master’s degree in agriculture, socio-economics, or related studies.
* At least 5 years of experience in humanitarian FSL work
* Excellent writing and analytical skills.
* Good management and representation competencies.
* Experience with agro-pastoral and livelihoods programming.
* Experience with programming in drought prone areas and disaster risk reduction activities
* Experience in developing world context.
* Familiarity with ACF and acceptance of ACF’s principles.
* Familiarity with donors and donor procedures helpful.
* Kiswahili, Arabic, Somali are helpful but not essential.
Apply at: http://www.actionagainsthunger.org/node/add/resume