Human Resource Director
World Vision DRC
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR - WORLD VISION DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision DRC currently has an opening for Human Resource Director. Please note, this is for DRC national applicants only.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your application to SAROSSU@wvi.org by the closing date of March 6, 2009. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide Leadership in developing and implementing HR strategies, systems, policies and procedures to support the WV DR Congo ministry.
Human Resource Management/Strategic Partnership
· Develop and monitor the implementation of WV DR Congo HR Strategy
· Serve as strategic partner to management by integrating HR strategies into organization’s overall mission and operational strategy.
· Provide coaching and training of all managers in all aspect of the human resources function including performance management, recruitment and selection, staffing, employee relations, staff development and team building
· Develop and / or review HRM “Best Practices” periodically.
· Manage and approve employment contracts.
· Conduct and participate in salary surveys to ensure competitive compensation and benefit plans.
· Develop, review, and communicate competitive compensation and benefit plans.
· Develop, communicate, and implement performance evaluation tools, methods and formats.
· Develop and update HR policies and procedures, ensure that their compliance with labor legislation
· Develop internal communication strategies and processes to keep projects, programs, and/or departments informed on critical issues, policies and procedures.
· Assist in the development of staffing plans with key staff.
· Interview and assist in selection of candidates for key positions.
· Manage and provided direction to staff recruitment efforts.
· Develop and maintain vast and varied professional relationships to expand recruitment networks.
Representation and Networking
· Represent organization and create public awareness of World Vision at various functions: conferences, seminars, job fairs, social settings, sector and industry meetings, etc.
· Develop consortiums and linkages with “like organizations” to share access to qualified candidate pools, to keep in tune with changing HR environment, responsibilities, and best practices.
· Serve as Change Agent by proposing innovative initiative changes; improved policies and procedures, process changes; methods and ways work gets done and cultural changes; necessary world view changes and paradigm shifts needed for the organization to adjust and grow with changing workforce and cultural conditions.
Organizational and Human Resource Development (OHRD)
· Develop Human Resource Development strategies with and provide follow up to management.
· Develop organizational development strategies with key staff.
· Ensure that succession Planning for key staff are developed and implemented
· Ensure that training and development programs for employees are developed and implemented.
· Oversee staff capacity building and development.
· Implement and oversee new staff orientation.
Employee Champion Services
· Oversee staff support program, employee relations, and grievance management.
· Monitor assignment endings and availability of existing staff for upcoming projects.
· Manage department budget and ensure expenditures and within budget and in compliance with established financial standards.
HR Compliance Administration
· Ensure that applicant tracking; employment practices, compensation, benefits, and human resources programs comply with World Vision policies and local labor laws.
· Negotiate, process, review and monitor employment contracts.
· Maintain compensation and benefit staff records.
· Oversee performance appraisals.
· Maintain an up-to-date HR Policy and Procedure manual and Employee Handbook.
· Maintain an up-to-date organization chart.
· University degree in HR management or related field.
• 5 years human resource management experience.
• Field experience in developing country.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong organizational and management skills.
· Strong problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Good English communication skills (oral and written).
· Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
· Knowledge of local employment and HR laws and legal requirements.
· Good understanding of World Vision, People in Aid, and Sphere relief standards.
· Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
· Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
· Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
· Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
· Agreement with World Vision’s Christian ethos and participation in devotions.
• MBA or Master’s degree in related field.
• Working knowledge of the local language.
x Achieving quality results and service
Practicing accountability and integrity
Communicating information Effectively
Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
x Understanding the Humanitarian Industry
Understanding World Vision’s mission & Operations
Practicing innovation & change
Self Managing Capabilities
x Demonstrating Christ-Centered life & work
Learning for growth and development
Maintaining work/life balanced and effectiveness
x Building collaborative relationships
Practicing gender & cultural diversity
Influencing individuals and groups