Programme Manager - Water Supply & Sanitation
Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Programme Manager for Tajikistan (Water supply and sanitation)
Skat is a leading Swiss resource centre and consultancy group, working internationally in development co-operation, and specialising in technical, social, institutional and economic aspects of infrastructure and environmental management, water supply and sanitation, solid waste management, sustainable building and settlement development as well as mobility and transport. Our clients include Swiss, bilateral and multilateral donors and development agencies. Our partners are a wide variety of institutions and government and non-government organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
Skat is leading a Swiss consortium that is presently tendering for a comprehensive rural water supply and sanitation development project in Tajikistan. We are calling for expressions of interest for the position of Programme Manager. The candidate will have proven experience of policy development and institutional reengineering in countries in transition and a strong background in rural water supply and sanitation. The project is scheduled to last from July 2009 till December 2012 (Phase I).
The Programme Manager will officially represent Skat and its consortium partners in Dushanbe and will advise the local project team. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Managing the Tajikistan rural water supply and sanitation project: Management of contracts and MoUs, planning and reporting, regular meetings with main partners, auditing, evaluation, work planning for staff, communication;
- Initiating and facilitating a Tajik collaborative Network on sustainable water supply and sanitation;
- Assisting in the development of policy and legal framework;
- Planning and implementing capacity building measures;
- Assisting in the establishment and implementation of district water funds.
The qualifications required are:
- A relevant University degree, preferably in Civil/Rural or Sanitary Engineering or Rural Development, or related field;
- At least 10 years experience in rural water and environmental sanitation programmes in countries in transition;
- Work experience in Tajikistan or other Central Asian countries;
- Knowledge of government procedures and practices in countries in transition;
- Demonstrated experience of demand-oriented approach (DRA), institutional development, supply chain development, facilitation of workshops and collaborative networks;
- Experience of project appraisal, project management and administration, monitoring and evaluation, human resources development;
- A good working knowledge of the procedures and practices of international development agencies;
- Familiarity with the Swiss development cooperation and Swiss water policy in particular;
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and some knowledge of Russian and/or Tajik or preparedness to acquire its basics;
Applications (including detailed curriculum vitae in English) should be sent by e-mail to Skat Consulting, Mrs. G. Giorgi, Email: email@example.com, (http://www.skat.ch)
Deadline: March 4, 2009