Consultant - Information Technology and Website Management Officer
Location: Dili, Timor Leste
Last Date: June 21, 2008
CONSULTANT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) AND WEBSITE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Location : Dili, Timor Leste, Timor Leste
Application Deadline : 21-Jun-08
Additional Category Democratic Governance
Type of Contract : SSA
Starting Date :(date when the selected canditate is expected to start) 08-Jul-2008
Duration of Initial Contract : Seven Months
The Local Governance Support Programme (LGSP) is a joint UNDP-UNCDF endeavor, building upon the achievements of two previous projects in the area of decentralization and local governance. LGSP has the primary objective of supporting the establishment of a fully-fledged and effective local government system in Timor-Leste, and will do so by:
* Providing policy-relevant lessons from pilot activities;
* Assisting the Government in formulating a comprehensive legal and regulatory framework for local government; and
* Supporting implementation of local government reforms.
Through achieving its primary objective, LGSP will thus contribute towards improving infrastructure and service delivery, thus fostering democratic governance and reducing poverty in Timor-Leste. The programme commenced in early 2007 and will operate until 2011.
UNDP and UNCDF are implementing the LGSP in close coordination and cooperation with the Ministry of State Administration and Territorial Management (MSATM). The Project Management Unit (PMU) is housed in National Directorate for Territorial Administration (DNAT) in MSATM. The current PMU consists of seven professional staff (one UNCDF International Technical Advisor and six national technical staff). Through this advertisement, UNDP now wants to recruit the Information Technology (IT) and Website Management Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the UNCDF Programme Officer, and in close collaboration with the UNCDF International Technical Advisor, the incumbent will be responsible for updating and maintaining a Ministry of State Administration and Territorial Management website, maintaining financial databases and responding to the general IT requirements of a networked office. He/she will be based at the Ministry of State Administration and will report to the LGSP Programme Manager and the Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Advisor.
The IT and Website Management Officer will:
* Be responsible for the content management of the MSATM website through DreamWeaver, including materials related to the decentralization process and LGSP.
* Ensure all website content is accessible and works with communications staff to format communications material for website publication.
* Design and implement training materials for Government communications officials in website management and maintenance in DreamWeaver or another appropriate website content management program.
* Develop user-guides and procedures for the management and maintenance of the office server and the MSATM website.
* Monitoring file server and website traffic, usage and performance.
* Network administration of a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 configured workplace, including regular backing up of office files.
* Assist in software installations, management and supervision of all office computer software, including all patches and anti-virus updates.
* Maintenance and supervision of a Microsoft Access financial database.
* Any other duties as required by the IEC Advisor and PM.
* Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
* Advocates and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Treats all people fairly without favouritism
* Knowledge and Learning Management
* Shares knowledge and experience from within and outside the UN Country Team.
* Encourages UN staff to share knowledge
* Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
* Ability to lead the design and implementation of UN programme activities, strengthening of strategic partnerships for UNDAF implementation.
* Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with UN Agencies and main constituents, advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies.
Management and Leadership
* Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
* Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
* Schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; monitors performance against development and other objectives and corrects deviations from the course
* In providing advice to the Minister of Social Solidarity, has the capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations; evaluates information accurately and identifies key issues required to resolve problems
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
* Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
* Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
* Manages conflict and stress, remaining composed and working as a mediator in crisis or antagonistic situations
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
* 3+ years experience as an IT professional or website manager
* University Degree or equivalent in IT or computer-related field
* Previous experience in website design or management required, and knowledge of DreamWeaver required
* Experience managing large databases in Microsoft Access or similar database program
* Experience in the management of office networks and/or servers
* Layout and graphic design skills a significant asset
* Fluency in Tetun and basic comprehension of English required, Portuguese language ability seen as an asset